Re: split-window-preferred-function

From: grischka
Subject: Re: split-window-preferred-function
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 18:45:36 +0200

>  > Actually elscreen has a separate "layout creation" mode (although it
>  > is not as easy to use, and also IMO redundant, it could as well just
>  > live record user changes made in the "real" frame).
>  >
>  > But yes, you can save everything to disk, anytime.  Means it allows
>  > to get used to something, body-language wise.
>
> I don't know much about elscreen.  Can you tell me the name of the
> package / function(s) implementing "layout creation"?

Oops, yes. The name is ECB, not elscreen.

> > Option three: Allow zero-width and zero-height windows.
>
> I thought about that already although I personally dislike hidden
> windows.

I don't know.  In GUI programs many things are mostly not active.

> Currently there is no predefined tree.  We still would have to
> recursively split the root window in some way.

Well, currently. But you could easily define one. The default
window configuration that emacs needs to be operable is rather
simple. Basically two 50% windows from which one is initially
hidden ;)

--- grischka