Re: makefile filling indented comment

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: makefile filling indented comment
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 08:56:58 +1000

(I raised this on emacs-pretest a while back, Richard asked to wait
until after 22.1.)

In a makefile like below, with point at the start of the second line,
it'd be nice if M-q would fill the indented comment lines.  I get some
joy from the change below (or maybe \s- instead of only space and tab).

(Indented comments are run as shell commands, so I'm not certain you'd
want to do it if maximum portability was a concern, but getting bits
like this echoed can be good as a kind of printing comment.)

2008-04-07  Kevin Ryde  <address@hidden>

        * progmodes/make-mode.el (makefile-fill-paragraph): Let indented "#"
        comments go through to normal filling, not just those at the start of
        a line.