Re: rampant region highlighting

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: rampant region highlighting
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 17:01:41 -0400

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

>> (global-unset-key [down-mouse-1])
>> (global-unset-key [drag-mouse-1])
>
> I avoided rising to the bait the first time, but no, I don't mean
> something like that. Is that really your policy, or are you joking?
> I'm either annoyed or not amused, accordingly.
>
> (setq transient-mark-mode 'never)
>
> would be an acceptable solution.

I suppose I don't understand what you're trying to do.  What you seem to
be saying is that you want a way to disable all occurrences of active
region highlighting, even the momentary highlighting induced by dragging
the mouse (or double-clicking the mouse).  In that case, why not avoid
dragging or double-clicking the mouse?