Re: Hyperlinks in *vc-change-log*

From: Phil Hagelberg
Subject: Re: Hyperlinks in *vc-change-log*
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 23:44:23 -0700

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> But I'm not sure how that would work in terms of the UI.  This is all
>> implemented using buttons, so I am only tying functionality to text
>> that already exists in the buffer.  Perhaps another binding could be
>> used?  RET to visit a revision, and C-RET to view the diff between that
>> revision and the last?
>
> I was thinking of a menu.  From the keyboard we already have bindings
> for those operations, IIRC (at least `d' for the diff).

I actually realized that the whole of what I wanted when I wrote that
code is already present in log-view.el. I just assumed that RET would be
the binding for visiting the revision under the point, but it's actually
bound to 'f'. I'd suggest that RET be bound to log-view-find-revision in
log-view-mode. This just seems much more obvious to me.

> For multifile logs, the best option would be to popup a menu of files.
> BTW this is specific to the display of files.  For `diffs', this problem
> wouldn't occur.

It turns out the current implementation of log-view-diff only diffs one
file in the fileset, so this could be fixed. In addition giving a menu
in the minibuffer for log-view-find-revision on filesets seems like a
good idea. I will work on implementing these.

-Phil

http://technomancy.us