Re: 23.0.60; isearch for M-: incorrect in Info

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; isearch for M-: incorrect in Info
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 22:48:36 -0400

> + (defvar isearch-success-function nil
[...]
> !               (if isearch-success-function
> !                   (funcall isearch-success-function
> !                            (match-beginning 0) (match-end 0))
> !                 (or (eq search-invisible t)
> !                     (not (isearch-range-invisible
> !                           (match-beginning 0) (match-end 0))))))

Better just call isearch-success-function unconditionally and move the
default code to the default value of isearch-success-function.

I understand that may require many more changes to your code, tho, but
I think it's important to always make when you introduce such
a foo-function variable to make sure that it is possible to reproduce
the default value (since it's often desirable to do almost the same as
the default).

        Stefan