Re: testing for a remote file to include file on aWindows mappeddrive

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: testing for a remote file to include file on aWindows mappeddrive
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:15:28 -0400

> `file-mounted-p', and you then test with (or ...) to see if there is
> a possible slowdown, or we put the tests into `file-remote-p' and we
> recognize that the name is not accurate.

Drew.  *Please* read the new docstring:

   A file is considered "remote" if accessing it is likely to be slower
   or less reliable than accessing local files.

Physical remoteness is irrelevant.  Even the transport protocol might
not be relevant sometimes (tho it can be good input to a default
heuristic).  The current implementation and behavior is not cast
in stone.

        Stefan