Re: emacsclient almost working!

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: emacsclient almost working!
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:30:13 -0400

> hi, all.  i'm thrilled to see that - in emacs 23.0.60, debian
> "emacs-snapshot" from a few days ago - i can use emacsclient to get a tty
> frame connected to a X-based emacs session!  yay, yay, yay!  i had to poke
> and prod a bit to get it to work, though, and am wondering whether this is a
> known problem.

> specifically, if i just do

>   emacsclient --tty

> i get an assertion error:

>   *ERROR*: Assertion failed: (eq (match-end 0) (length string))

Not a known problem.  This assertion says that server.el received more
than a single line from emacsclient.  So it may be a problem in
emacsclient where we forget to quote newlines or something like that.

Or it may be something altogether different ;-)

Can you set server-log to t, reproduce the problem and show us the
contents of the " *server*" buffer?

        Stefan