Contribution: Serial port access

From: Daniel Engeler
Subject: Contribution: Serial port access
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:36:38 +0200

Hi,

this is my first contribution to Emacs: Serial port access for GNU/ Linux, Unix, and Windows. The changes provide mainly `serial- term' (similar to `term') and `make-serial-process' (similar to `make- network-process'). This lets Emacs read from and write to serial ports. Serial port parameters such as speed and bytesize can be configured interactively.

All changes are fully documented, in every function and in the documentation.

I tested the code on Mac OS X 10.5.2 and Windows XP SP2. I additionally compiled it on GNU/Linux (Fedora Core 5).

I hope it works fine!

Regards,
Daniel Engeler