Re: Crash in M$ build using msvc 7.1

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Crash in M$ build using msvc 7.1
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 19:22:51 +0300

> Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:47:21 +0530
> From: dhruva <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> I just built using GCC (MinGW) on XP and I do not see the crash. It
> appears MSVC specific problem which is reproducible (not one of those
> random occurences).
> Since I know nothing about the Emacs GC, debugging would be tough. If
> someone can help or needs any extra information, I can help.

The file etc/DEBUG gives some hints on how to debug crashes inside GC,
search for "Debugging problems which happen in GC".  Near the end of
nt/INSTALL, you will find some advice on how to use Visual Studio to
debug an MSVC build.  I hope those two will give you enough
information to at least begin the debugging.

The first task is to find out which Lisp data structure gets
corrupted.  Can you do that?