Re: reading/writing binary data in structured form

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: reading/writing binary data in structured form
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 09:05:53 +0200 (CEST)

> > BTW, it's quite hard to find that package IMHO within Emacs; the
> > only sensible way which comes to my mind is using `C-h p', going
> > to section `data'.  [...]
>
> Maybe try `apropos-documentation'.

Hmm, `apropos-documentation bindat' gives just this result:

  risky-local-variable-p
    Function: Non-nil if SYM could be dangerous as a file-local variable.
  It is dangerous if either of these conditions are met:

   * Its `risky-local-variable' property is non-nil.

   * Its name ends with "hook(s)", "function(s)", "form(s)", "map",
     "program", "command(s)", "predicate(s)", "frame-alist",
     "mode-alist", "font-lock-(syntactic-)keyword*",
     "map-alist", or "bindat-spec".

which is rather useless IMHO.

    Werner