Re: vc-directory breakage

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: vc-directory breakage
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 20:04:56 -0400

David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> > I apologize for the broken state of vc-directory.  I would not
> > voluntarily have left it in a bad state, but I had an acute attack of
> > viral gastroentritis yesterday.  Unsurprisingly, a hospital emergency
> > room turns out not to be a good place from which to fix Lisp bugs.
>
> Actually, that is an argument for a distributed version control system.
> Even while one might need to group the work into non-working checkins
> for oneself at first, one can reorganize before pushing everything out
> to the public repository.

Agreed.  :-)

To my knowledge, VC is not in a broken state now.  Stefan fixed one of
the blocker bugs yesterday, probably while I was flat on my back and
hooked up to a heart monitor, and I got the other one this morning.

I am mostly recovered, though I am still in some pain through having
strained some back muscles during the more violent nausea episodes.  Trust
me when I say you do not want this crap to happen to you...