Re: Carbon port and multi-tty

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Carbon port and multi-tty
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 12:05:03 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> On a more broad scale, what good is Free Software with its underlying
> social agenda, if all we do is care about our own platforms, and ``cut
> our losses'' about all the rest?

The GNU project's goal is about giving its users an environment where
they don't need to compromise about helping others.  Proprietary
platforms don't meet that objective.  Supporting them comes at a cost.
If this comes at considerable expense of support for free platforms, the
priorities are mixed up.

If the users and in particular the developers of other platforms don't
care enough about their own platform to invest any actual work of their
own, it is nonsensical to bend over backwards to do it for them.

If they don't care enough, why should I when I am not even affected?

--
David Kastrup