Re: Two binding features

From: Johan Bockgård
Subject: Re: Two binding features
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 20:47:26 +0200

Richard M Stallman <address@hidden> writes:

> * A primitive that would let-bind variables from an alist.
> I think Common Lisp has such a construct; is that correct?
> I do not recall its name, though.

  progv is a Lisp macro in `cl-macs.el'.

  (progv SYMBOLS VALUES &rest BODY)

  Bind SYMBOLS to VALUES dynamically in BODY.
  The forms SYMBOLS and VALUES are evaluated, and must evaluate to lists.
  Each symbol in the first list is bound to the corresponding value in the
  second list (or made unbound if VALUES is shorter than SYMBOLS); then
  the
  BODY forms are executed and their result is returned.  This is much like
  a `let' form, except that the list of symbols can be computed at
  run-time.

--
Johan Bockgård