Re: patch for optional inhibit of delete-other-windows(IDE feature)

From: joakim
Subject: Re: patch for optional inhibit of delete-other-windows(IDE feature)
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 12:06:31 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd rather add window-parameter and set-window-parameter.  After all,
> most objects have such things and it's useful for more than just
> "behavior flags".
>
> Such an addition is useful in general and can be installed right away.

I've received and returned copyright assignment papers now, so review
and merging of this part of the patch could proceed now.

> As for the introduction of special meaning for some parameters so as to
> influence delete-other-windows, while I think it may work well, I'd
> rather first see it fully developed and shown to be a good fit for ECB,
> before installing it.  This is because there's a good chance that it may
> not work quite as needed at first and that the design requires some
> rounds of refinement until it's really what we want.
>
> So I suggest you work on a separate branch for that.

I agree with the refinement process idea, but tackling the entirety of
the ECB is too large a task for me at present.

I had another idea that seemed easier: manipulating the emacs GUD
interface layout, so certain windows become the new types of context
windows. WDYT?

--
Joakim Verona