Re: embedding gtk widgets in a buffer

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: embedding gtk widgets in a buffer
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 04:55:08 -0400

    > The natural way is for this to generate events, and when those events
    > reach the main loop, they will do whatever it is.

    Ok, I will look into this. does "whatever it is" include calling a
    callback I associate with the widget?

It means anything you want to do.

    Ok. I was thinking more along having the generic callback interface
    solve this too, and also that Id like to create the process in lisp, so
    I could bind a sentinel to it, and send commands to it through stdio,
    etc.

You can't call general Lisp code from a GTK callback.
Please design a way to implement the features you want
without running any Lisp code.