Re: proced.el -- operate on processes like dired

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: proced.el -- operate on processes like dired
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 02:57:34 +0300

> Juri Linkov wrote:
>> BTW, I noticed one inconsistency between Proced and Dired: in Proced
>> `DEL' doesn't remove the mark from the previous line, unlike Dired.
>
> This will be fixed in Proced. It's more annoying that this is
> inconsistent between Dired and Ibuffer. ibuffer-unmark-backward
> unmarks the buffer on the current line, unlike dired-unmark-backward.

Thanks, and new sorting commands are very useful.

However, now `proced' displays only processes belonging to the current
user, and not all processes.  Could you add a filter, e.g. asking in
the minibuffer to select among values "all" and "user"?

Another feature I suggest is to put column names to the buffer's
header line, so scrolling will keep them visible in the header line.

And another small thing I suggest to rename an improper buffer name
"*Process Info*" (this can be confused with the information about
one particular process).  Maybe a better name is "*Process List*"
(this would be like "*Buffer List*").  But if this will conflict
with `list-processes' with the same buffer name, then maybe a
simple buffer name `*Proced*' would be more descriptive?

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/