Re: Slow repainting, sluggish feeling emacs

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: Slow repainting, sluggish feeling emacs
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 10:33:06 +0530

Hello,

On 5/13/08, David <address@hidden> wrote:
> I recently re-built emacs 23 from cvs and there's a noticeable delay in many
> repainting operations. Typing is sluggish and redrawing a buffer when
> switching to it is noticeably slow.

I am noticing a similar behavior from the past 4~5 days. Is it related
to some change in "w32-get-true-file-attributes" modifications, well I
am taking a real wild guess based on ChangeLog history and my memory
from when I started seeing this slow down. I still do not have a MSVC
build and hence debugging is a big problem. I tried debugging the MSVC
issue, some GC related issue and have no clue about it!

-dhruva

--
Contents reflect my personal views only!