cal-x.el/diary-lib.el diary-mode-hook

From: Karl Chen
Subject: cal-x.el/diary-lib.el diary-mode-hook
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 02:52:26 -0700

Hi, this is regarding calendar.  I experience the symptoms in
Emacs 22.2, and by inspecting CVS HEAD I suspect it is still
affected despite the code having been significantly updated.

emacs -q
(setq diary-display-hook 'fancy-diary-display)
(setq calendar-setup 'one-frame)
(calendar)

A couple places in calendar/*.el seem to assume that
diary-mode-hook is a list of functions, e.g. when it uses ``(memq
'diary-fancy-display diary-display-hook)''.

In my setup I had ``(setq diary-display-hook
'fancy-schedule-display-desk-calendar)'' [instead of add-hook or
``setq .. '(..)''] and this would trigger a type error.

I realize the documentation for diary-display-hook says "list of
functions", but a couple places in the code let-bind
diary-display-hook to non-lists, and the documentation in 22.2 has
sample code with non-lists.

Thanks,
Karl