Re: window groups

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: window groups
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 17:40:16 -0400

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:
>> It seems to me that, in practice, any Elisp application that needs to
>> control the window configuration will probably want to control over the
>> entire frame.  Otherwise, the resulting windows will likely be too
>> small.  WDYT?
>
> Do you have any support for such an assumption?  It seems wrong to me,
> simply based on personal experience.

I'm not sure.  But look at the typical Emacs frame where you're running
Gnus, with the frame is divided into a summary window and an article
window.  Is there any space left for, e.g., a GDB session?  On my
machine, if the GDB session were to split the Gnus article window and
squeeze its windows in there, I wouldn't be able to see much in those
windows.