Re: bootstrap failure: Invalid read syntax: ". in wrong context" in euro

From: Taylor Venable
Subject: Re: bootstrap failure: Invalid read syntax: ". in wrong context" in european.el
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 16:18:12 -0400

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 09:18:16PM +0200, Reiner Steib wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 02 2008, Taylor Venable wrote:
>
> > The same error occurs when compiling AUCTeX under NetBSD 4.99.63 on
> > AMD64 for the following s-expression in tex-jp.el (line 264):
>
> I seem to recall such problem when compiling with unibyte mode.
> See <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.auctex.general/1227/focus=1232>.

That seems to have come from a unibyte/multibyte problem.  I'm pretty
sure my Emacs is multibyte capable, anyways I haven't defined anything
to make it go into unibyte mode.  It's not clearly the fault of
AUCTeX's make system, either; when I just run Emacs and do a
byte-compile-file on tex-jp.el it fails as well.  Nothing shows up in
Emacs' ./configure output as well, at least nothing that flags my
attention immediately.  Could the presence or abscence of terminal
libraries (e.g. ncurses) have anything to do with this?

--
Taylor Venable            http://real.metasyntax.net:2357/

foldr = lambda f, i, l: (len(l) == 1 and [f(l[0], i)] or
                         [f(l[0], foldr(f, i, l[1:]))])[0]