Re: Font settings ignored on new frames

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Font settings ignored on new frames
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 22:22:22 -0400

>> > I have not yet checked the code, but, at least, the emacs of
>> > pre-unicode-merge behaves the same way.

>> Even if it behaved that way all the way back to Emacs-20, it'd still
>> qualify as a bug wouldn't it?

> Perhaps, but I'm not sure.  I don't understand how
> custom-set-faces works.

It doesn't matter how it works: it's the command output by customize.
The call is typically in the user's .emacs as a result of M-x
customize-face.

> The docsting just says that it "initialize faces".  It doesn't say how
> it interacts with default-frame-alist, initial-frame-alist,
> X resources, etc.

In this case there's no other setting (I normally have X resources, but
have carefully removed them all in order to investigate where the
problem comes from).

        Stefan