Re: Yet another bootstrap failure: Required feature `esh-groups' was not

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: Yet another bootstrap failure: Required feature `esh-groups' was not provided
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 00:29:34 +0200

> "Build-bot" has been mentioned; that would be a much more useful
> infrastructure improvement.  I suspect it would cost about as much
> hacker effort to set up a build-bot master as to hack the commit-hook
> to run a build, it needn't be redone when (medatashi, medetashi!) CVS
> bites the dust, and it won't involve repo downtime at all.

I run an unofficial buildbot at <URL:http://build.orebokech.com/>,
it's not hooked into CVS but does regular builds (every 6 hours), on
GNU/Linux.  When it finds bugs I report them to the person who
committed the offending change.  So far it's been pretty rare event;
my logs show that bootstrap has broken only five times in the past
few months: on Apr 12, May 13, May 15, May 18 and Jun 03.  (There
may have been more but they got fixed in less than 6 hours...)