Re: add `read-buffer-completion-ignore-case' ?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: add `read-buffer-completion-ignore-case' ?
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 11:10:52 +0200

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 10:45, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't necessarily disagree, but we do know which buffers are
> associated with a file and which aren't.  So we could DWIM in each
> case as appropriate.  If we want that, of course.

I like switching buffers in a case-insensitive way, even when the
buffer is not visiting a file. It's not that often that I have
*Messages* and *messages* and *Scratch* and *scratch*, etc... Like,
never, really.

So it's better IMO not to tie buffer-selection casefolding with
filename casefolding (I'd set both to case-insensitivity at once, but
it's clear some people would prefer otherwise).

   Juanma