Copyright question

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Copyright question
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 16:43:05 +0200

Hi,

I would like to switch the copyright of the Org-mode manual to GPL.
Currently it is GFDL, with front/back cover texts, and I am told
that the Debian cannot include this in their distribution - therefore,
the Org-mode package in Debian is currently without Manual.

Currently, the copyright notice reads:

@quotation
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or
any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no
Invariant Sections, with the Front-Cover texts being ``A GNU Manual,''
and with the Back-Cover Texts as in (a) below.  A copy of the
license is included in the section entitled ``GNU Free Documentation
License.''

(a) The FSF's Back-Cover Text is: ``You have freedom to copy and modify
this GNU Manual, like GNU software.  Copies published by the Free
Software Foundation raise funds for GNU development.''
@end quotation

Can someone tell me what the right steps would be in this situation? Thanks.

- Carsten