Re: Copyright question

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Copyright question
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 18:36:40 +0900

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:
>> I miss the human maintainer and copyright-notice in the sources. It was
>> always nice to read. Maintainer FSF reads terrible.
>
> I agree fully.  Can't people be proud of their contributions and leave
> their name in?

I'm not quite sure what the complaint is here.

AFAIK, "Maintainer:  FSF" is just used when there isn't a clear
individual maintainer.  Lots of source files seem to have a non-FSF
maintainer line anyway...

The copyright line reflects the copyright holder, so of course that says
FSF.  If someone wants credit, but isn't currently the maintainer, they
can put in an "Author: ..."  comment (which lots of source files have).

-Miles

--
(\(\
(^.^)