Re: Post-mortem debugging and abort

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Post-mortem debugging and abort
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:04:11 -0600

Eli> Sigh.  I concluded a long time ago that it is useless to ask GCC and
Eli> glibc developers to cater to debugging needs.  At best, you are
Eli> ignored; but more often you are flamed back into silence.  I'm sorry
Eli> that you, David, wasted your effort as well on this.

FWIW on the GCC side there is a renewed awareness of the needs of
debuggers.  There are a couple competing proposals for better
debuginfo; they are both being presented at the GCC Summit next week.

So, I encourage folks to report GCC bugs in this area.  I can't
guarantee that nobody will be rude -- though this seems to happen less
often nowadays.

Tom