Re: No XFT in CVS from this morning

From: Taylor Venable
Subject: Re: No XFT in CVS from this morning
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:48:07 -0400

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:03:42 -0400
Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:

> Taylor Venable <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I built Emacs from CVS this morning, and there's no font
> > anti-aliasing being done.
>
> I can't reproduce this using latest CVS.  What font are you using?

>From my .emacs file:

(set-face-attribute 'default                nil :font "DejaVu Sans
Mono-13" :slant 'normal :weight 'normal)

Or from .Xresources:

        Xft.antialias: 1
        Xft.hintstyle: hintfull

        #ifdef DPI_OVERRIDE
          Xft.dpi: 90
          Emacs.font: DejaVu Sans Mono-12
        #endif

Which worked as expected earlier; those haven't changed.  I'm wondering
if it could be a library, but I cannot remember changing anything there
either.

I'm going back in date from CVS to find out where it last worked.  It
might also be worth noting that when I try to change the default face
(via M-x customize-face default) to another font e.g. "DejaVu Sans" the
window gets very narrow, GTK says:

        Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_window_resize: assertion `width > 0' failed

And I have to kill emacs from outside (and not just an interrupt signal
either; I used kill -9 to finally get rid of it).

--
Taylor Venable            http://real.metasyntax.net:2357/

foldr = lambda f, i, l: (len(l) == 1 and [f(l[0], i)] or
                         [f(l[0], foldr(f, i, l[1:]))])[0]