Re: font-related hanging / general brokenness

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: font-related hanging / general brokenness
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:00:47 -0400

>> And that x_set_font then decides to call Qface_set_after_frame_default
>> which starts the whole process all over again.
>>
>> I can easily fix the recursion problem (there's already some code for
>> that purpose in faces.el), but I'm strongly tempted to remove the call
>> altogether

> I see you've done this, and Emacs now starts up properly for me, and
> generally seems to work well.

Yes, when I noticed that my locally-hacked-tree has had these lines
removed for "longer than I remember" and that I haven't had a chance to
blame any bug on this change, I figured it should be safe enough.
I'm pretty sure it will introduce some undesirable change somewhere down
the line, but I expect there will be a much better way to solve it, and
we'll address it when we get there.

        Stefan