Re: movement bindings in c-mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: movement bindings in c-mode
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 11:32:03 +0900

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:
> Just one small point, though.  The doc-string for
> beginning-of-defun-function recommends putting point at the { rather
> than the function header.  I think this is unright.  Stefan?

I think for consistency with mark-defun it should probably go to the
"true" beginning of the function, not the brace.

[When this was changed a while back (it used to go to the brace), I found
the new behavior fairly disconcerting, but that was mostly because I was
very used to the old behavior.  I can't say that either way is actually
more useful (sort of six-of-one-half-dozen-of-the-other); it might be
useful to have a separate go-to-beginning-of-outermost-function-block
command though...]

-Miles

--
Joy, n. An emotion variously excited, but in its highest degree arising from
the contemplation of grief in another.