Re: vc-toggle-read-only mishandles CVS ro file in presence of CVSREAD=1

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: vc-toggle-read-only mishandles CVS ro file in presence of CVSREAD=1
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 14:36:00 +0900

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:
> I see vc-toggle-read-only now reads:

> The "not a safe ... newer than RCS" blurb is (gratuitously) wrong,
> but at least we know the authors' bias up front.  I suggest we
> remove that blurb and use checkout-model info to make this command
> DTRT again.

It was always a stupid command (even 2,000,000 years ago when a few
people still used RCS), adding VC functionality in an unexpected and
confusing place in a misguided attempt at DWIM.

I say we just get rid of it and good riddance.  It's nothing more than
an ugly reminder of an ugly past.

-Miles

--
Would you like fries with that?