Re: sans-serif name change

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: sans-serif name change
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 18:32:22 +0900

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:
>> Why the following change?  At least according to debian's
>> font-infrastructure, "Sans-Serif" is the canonical name...
>
> Have you tried it?  Sans-Serif does not work.

I've just tried both, and see the following:

  (set-frame-font "Sans-Serif-10")

works fine, but:

  (set-face-attribute 'variable-pitch nil :family "Sans-Serif")

does not (it uses some random font instead); using "Sans Serif" does
work with set-face-attribute.

So it looks like there's a bug somewhere (but we should fix that, not
kludge around it).

-Miles

--
Yo mama's so fat when she gets on an elevator it HAS to go down.