Re: Faces applies to new frames

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: Faces applies to new frames
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:43:19 -0400

    I don't think we should make this change without at least warning users
    at least one Emacs version in advance, though.  For Emacs 23.1, maybe we
    could add a note to NEWS and the manuals saying that the various frame
    attributes that affect the default face will become obsolete in a future
    version.  Maybe set-frame-parameter could also issue a warning.

Alternatively, you could ask the users who actually needs these
features and for what, and how ready they are to adapt to the proposed
change.  Based on the answers you could see if there is a need for
that transition period.