Re: Choice of fonts displaying etc/HELLO (was: Re: segmentation fault di

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Choice of fonts displaying etc/HELLO (was: Re: segmentation fault displaying etc/HELLO on Windows)
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 21:56:33 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

> I have no idea why these use different fonts (even the file code is the
> same, so it is not a difference in iso-2022 codepoints chosen), on my
> installation both use MS Mincho (I probably have an older version of
> DejaVu Mono that does not support that character).

As you already know, this is because the file designates the
different charset for those two characters, thus Emacs add
the different `charset' text-property to them, which affects
font selection.

> And why does that character have a category of h:Korean
> j:Japanese?

That character is surely included in Korean charset ksc5601
and Japanese charset jisx0208, and all such characters
belongs to cateogories "h" and "j" (set in characters.el).

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden