Re: Cocoa Emacs (2)

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Cocoa Emacs (2)
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 10:30:34 +1200

 > > In Cocoa Emacs using TAB in the GUD buffer (gud-gdb-complete-command)
 > > causes Emacs to freeze (C-g frees it).  It gets stuck waiting in
 > > accept-process-output in gud-gdb-run-command-fetch-lines.
 >
 > I can't replicate it (Emacs -Q, M-x gud RET TAB) on Leopard.

TAB needs to be used as a completion.  Maybe you mean this, but just to be
clear, asssuming you have an executable called myprog:

M-x gdb<RET>
Run gdb (like this): gdb --annotate=3 ~/myprog

Then in the GUD buffer, doing:

Current directory is /home/nickrob/
GNU gdb 6.6-debian
(gdb) b m<TAB>

should complete on "m" if there is just one completion, e.g address@hidden, or
generate a completions buffer if there is more than one.

YMMV but I have found this quite a good mode to debug Emacs itself.

 > Any special config details or anything else I should know?

I don't think so, but I, as I say, I don't really know what I'm doing on
Mac OS X.  I'll have another look.  Meanwhile, does anybody else see/not see
this?