Re: Removing MULTI_KBOARD

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Removing MULTI_KBOARD
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 01:58:01 +0200

Nick Roberts wrote:
 > It would have been nice for Dan to mention he was removing MULTI_KBOARD,
 > but I can understand the reasoning for what he did (maybe he was rushing
 > for time due to the feature freeze deadline too).  So let's keep his
 > changes.

Well, I can't understand the reasoning.  If I was Eli, it would leave a very
bitter taste in my mouth.  Maybe because we don't see one another, there is
sometimes scant regard for the feelings of others on this list, and I'm sure
this loses developers.

Yes, I have been told that this has happened on the w32 side.

If the logical thing to do is remove MULTI_KBOARD, and therefore the MSDOS
port, I'm sure that after discussion Eli would see that.   The outcome may
well be the same but it would be reached in a much more agreeable manner.

It is a bit said that two good efforts, one from Dan and one from Eli, clash. However it is also natural that such situations arise within a complex system.

I think that both Eli and Dan deserve our support here.

Trying to give them that might help avoid situations like this in the future.