Re: fixing non-NS darwin

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: fixing non-NS darwin
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 19:26:24 -0700

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <address@hidden> writes:

  > >> It's used in CoreFoundation.h in Mac OS X 10.1 - 10.3.
  > >>
  > >> BTW, why the above comment was removed?
  >
  > > Because it looked like dead code, and the description was not something
  > > that made it clear that it was needed as documentation, nor was the
  > > structure of the code.
  >
  > It's quite a common way in the Emacs code to comment out with #if 0
  > with leaving some explanation about why it is disabled.  Especially
  > for the case that people might make the same mistake again in future
  > unconsciously if that part were completely removed.

So? Everyone is aware of that.
But that was absolutely not the case in this particular instance.  The
comments and code did not make the intention clear for the casual reader.

If you actually want to contribute something positive, please add the
missing documentation and fix the code.

  > Cleanup tasks are usually tedious, and thus would be much appreciated
  > if done carefully and appropriately.  But as they are also inherently
  > optional, not appreciated if done less carefully or unnecessarily
  > aggressively as in the case of MULTI_KBOARD.

Did you just wait for an occasion to attack me on an unrelated item?  Grow up!

Sorry, I am not interested in your badgering, and given you past
abhorrent behavior you are not in a position to lecture anyone.
Do I have to repeat it yet again?  STOP WAISTING MY TIME!