Re: Cygwin emacs - does it work?

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Re: Cygwin emacs - does it work?
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 08:19:50 -0700

>>>>> "Lennart" == Lennart Borgman (gmail) <address@hidden> writes:

    Lennart> For example typing C-c results in C-g.

I think you need to set an environment variable before starting Cygwin
-- "set CYGWIN=tty" might do it.

In general though, I've found Cygwin emacs to be too frustrating to use;
I instead use the native Win32 emacs, but with lots of Cygwin tools such
as bash, coreutils, and find.
--
[T]he best strip of the last decade is "Dilbert", and it
sure isn't because of the drawing.