Re: ERC: header-line-format nil

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: ERC: header-line-format nil
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 20:18:50 +0100

On 17 Aug 2008, at 19:57, Michael Olson wrote:

  I recall an emacswiki page describing how to integrate tabbar
with ERC -- it might be good to know whether that page has a similar
workaround, or whether they take a different approach.

Found it, but all they do is to run tabbar-local-mode, which overrides `header-line-format' after ERC has been entered, so that's really just a workaround.

What ERC could do is to only set `header-line-format' if it isn't already set in the buffer (by another package). This, however, might not be the right solution in all cases.

I wouldn't invest much time into this - the "right thing" would be to implement tabbars at the C level.

- D