Re: vc-git bug with top-level repositories

From: Paul R
Subject: Re: vc-git bug with top-level repositories
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:00:12 +0200

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:01:54 +0200, Claus <address@hidden> said:
Claus> I'm not yet sure if this is a bug or a feature and will perhaps
Claus> patch the code for myself once I've found a better solution (or
Claus> understand why checking the owner would make sense - on Windows
Claus> anyway).

As an other optimisation, can't we let the VCS itself decide whether
a file is under control or not ? I don't use git, but I guess there is
some way to check it. In mercurial for example, 'hg root' returns the
root of the working directory if it exists, fails otherwise.
Sorry if it has already been discussed.

mes deux centimes
--
  Paul