Re: Release plans

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 23:47:37 -0400

      I grant the
    conceptual possibility that you assert, but I deny its importance.  I
    claim it is both extremely unlikely to come to pass, and that we can
    deal with the process of it arising in other ways.

No one can tell for certain.  The only relevant fact is that the problem
scenario did indeed occur for Linux.  Whether it would happen with
Emacs, none of us can determine.  I have decided not to take the risk.