Re: Proposal for a new API to fullscreen

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Proposal for a new API to fullscreen
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 20:16:31 +0800

Ivan Kanis wrote:
Ok how about:

(set-frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen 'fullboth) means maximize
(set-frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen 'fullscreen) means fullscreen
Two developers agreed, it sounds like a consensus :)

One question (set-frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen t) is incompatible
with earlier API, should I throw an error if someone sets 'fullboth ?

Take care,
Actually I was suggesting that you change just one symbol name in your proposal:

(set-frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen 'maximize) means maximize
(set-frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen 'fullscreen) means fullscreen

but since we already have fullboth, the latter could be 'fullboth rather than
'fullscreen. That would be consistent with how it currently works on X if I
understand this discussion correctly.