Re: warnings on gnustep

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: warnings on gnustep
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 23:20:50 -0700

Adrian Robert <address@hidden> writes:

  > On Aug 6, 2008, at 11:41 PM, Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
  >
  > > I managed to get access to a machine that has a gnustep
  > > installation.  I
  > > get these warnings when compiling the ns*.m files.
  > >
  > > The 'lrint' looks strange, on my Fedora systems lrint is in <math.h>
  > > which is included.  I haven't looked at why this happens.
  >
  > Some brief googling suggests this has something to do with various C
  > standards and arguments like -std=c99.  I don't understand this at
  > all, but if you look in that math.h are the lrint definitions
  > protected by any ifdefs?  Also I wonder what effect that -D_BSD_SOURCE
  > has and where is that coming from?

This is an artifact of not including config.h first, do that and it goes
away.  -D_BSD_SOURCE comes from s/gnu-linux.h

  > > But the signal ones are probably something to worry about.
  >
  > Which ones are you talking about?  (The word "signal" is not appearing
  > in the warnings below.)

Sorry, I meant messages.

  > > BTW, I think that the includes need to be reordered, if you look in
  > > all
  > > the other files in emacs config.h is the first file included, that is
  > > not the case in the ns*.m files.
  >
  > Hmm, these other files also seem to include <config.h>, as if it's a
  > system include, rather than "config.h".  I don't understand why.  The
  > NS files include system includes first, then local ones, and
  > "config.h" is the first of these.

config.h is supposed to be the first file included, and the standard
files included based on what config.h defines, see for example in other
files:

#ifdef HAVE_UNISTD_H
#include <unistd.h>
#endif

Thanks for taking care of the rest of the warnings.

       --dan