Re: Annoying recentering when scrolling down

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Annoying recentering when scrolling down
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 14:17:29 +0200

> I do know that once Jason fixed several bugs with the new font
> backend, redisplay was able to keep up with line-by-line scrolling
> until Chong committed the change I've mentioned in a previous message.
> So if redisplay is suddenly lagging behind, that's a regression.

Redisplay is still awfully slow here even with Jason's changes.  When I
have a

 -------
|   |   |
|-------|
|       |
 -------

window-layout, dragging the horizontal divider with the mouse has the
contents of the upper right window flicker amazingly.  The only way to
find out seems to apply Chong's changes to Emacs 22 and check there.