Re: How to report a bug to the bug tracker?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: How to report a bug to the bug tracker?
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 11:28:46 +0900

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:

 > Assuming I don't want to use M-x report-emacs-bug (because I don't
 > have Emacs set up for sending mail from Windows), what is the
 > procedure to send a bug report? Just sending mail to
 > address@hidden will do?

I don't understand what mail capability has to do with it.  The
maintainers want the environment information provided by M-x
report-emacs-bug, I would assume.  So finish your report with C-x C-w
instead of C-c C-c, that's all.  (Obviously, you can judge for
yourself when you can dispense with the environment information.)

Then fire up your mailer and include or attach the saved report.