Please don't cross-post bug reports to emacs-devel

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Please don't cross-post bug reports to emacs-devel
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 23:17:03 -0400

Please don't cross-post bug reports to emacs-devel.

I would argue that it has never made sense to send things to two
lists, but nowadays it is an active annoyance, because when people
reply to both lists via emacs-devel, it ends up creating multiple bug
reports.

(I'm looking at you, "In CVS Emacs, calc-eval gives multiplication
higher precidence than division", which has given us bug 914, 915,
918, 920, 921, 923 and 924. So far.)

If you really want to do this, the way to do it is to send mail to the
bug list _only_, with an "X-Debbugs-CC" header that points to
emacs-devel. Then emacs-devel will get a copy with the bug report
_number_ in.

This is all explained in admin/notes/bugtracker and at
http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/Reporting.

Thanks.