Re: composition -- combining accent alignment off for variable-width fon

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: composition -- combining accent alignment off for variable-width fonts
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:23:31 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> The alignment of unicode combining accents seems reasonable in a
> fixed-width font, but is clearly off for a variable-width font.

In my environment, Emacs displays those combining accents
correctly even with "dejavu sans" font (see the attached image).

> For instance, the following string:

> xyz: xyz: ç̄̓ö̈ó̀l̗̈

> Looks OK with font "DejaVu Sans Mono", but messed up with font "DejaVu
> Sans".  [As far as I can tell, these fonts have roughly the same
> coverage, so I'm guessing that's not a problem.]

Ah, that is a problem of m17n-flt.  It is fixed in the next
release.  You can also try the latest CVS code:

  % cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs/m17n co m17n-lib

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden