Re: Specifying mode in file variables trouble

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Specifying mode in file variables trouble
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 02:32:44 -0400

    But it is not a major mode, that is why it does not end in "-mode". It
    ends in "-mumamo" which stands for "multi major mode" here.

    Maybe it should still end in "-mode", but I think it could be more
    confusing than helping actually.

Why do you think it is not a major mode?  A major mode is simply a
command that specifies the overall way to handle the contents of a
buffer.  I think this command qualifies.

So its name should end in `-mode'.