Re: Don't report new bugs for Rmail??

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: Don't report new bugs for Rmail??
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 12:34:19 -0800

On Sun, 01 Feb 2009, Jason Rumney wrote:
> For other sub-packages that come under the umbrella of the emacs
> developers, we have assigned bugs to "emacs,PACKAGE", so that the
> sub-package can be used as a filter in the web interface, but the
> emacs maintainers continue to be kept in the loop.

I think usertags and completely reassigning the bug to the other
package will serve you all better in the end, but that's your choice.

> People don't file bugs against those packages, since the only
> address for filing bugs is for emacs. But they might get reassigned
> later.

People can, actually. And file in this case also means reassign; you
get warned if you assign a bug to a package which does not exist.

Don Armstrong

--
More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads.
One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness.