Re: Emacs-Lisp Bill-Board

From: Andreas Roehler
Subject: Re: Emacs-Lisp Bill-Board
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 18:00:45 +0100

Miles Bader wrote:
> Andreas Roehler <address@hidden> writes:
>> I've thought at a kind of bill-board, where everyone
>> interested might pin his code onto it.
>
> http://emacswiki.org
>
>> An account on launchpad seems suitable for that task.
>
> launchpad is not free software, correct?  [1][2]
>
> That seems unacceptable.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Miles
>

> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Launchpad_(website)#Criticism
> [2] https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/+faq/195

Thanks back for the info.

They promised to make it completely free yet.

AFAIU remaining restrictions don't affect the freedom of the code developed.

They are developing bazaar, Ubuntu and a lot of
other interesting stuff. Even a GNU Emacs account exists:

https://launchpad.net/emacs

>From my experience: never encountered a such easy-going beginning. If it
looks a little bit like a kindergarten, well, therefor it's made easy.

Anyway, don't stuck with launchpad, should you know another or better tool.
Its just an idea so far.

Andreas