Re: fail on osx between 2/4/2009 and 2/5/2009

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: fail on osx between 2/4/2009 and 2/5/2009
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 22:03:15 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Adrian Robert <address@hidden> writes:

> However, if there is now an alternative method that the backend
> architecture supports, such that it is feeding 'script' and other
> properties additional to the font entity structure to the back end,
> and simply responding to these correctly will obviate the need for
> fontset specification at all, I would definitely like to change the
> NS font back end to use this new approach.  Is the complete set
> of :xxx properties the back end should respond to documented
> somewhere?  (I have been using font.h as the implementation reference
> until now.)

They should be in the docstring the function font-spec, but
not yet done, sorry.  I'll document them as soon as
possible.

Briefly, the are:

:script -- script name symbol.  script-representative-chars
can be used as an additional hint to find a font.

:lang -- symbol of iso639 two-letter language code.

:otf -- see the docstring of query-font

and I'm going to add:

:chars -- the same format as the cdr part of each element of
script-representative-chars.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden